How To Choose The Perfect Accessories For Your outfit
Accessories can either make or break your look. When choosing fashion accessories to match your outfit, consider the color, scale and style of the pieces, and keep the occasion in mind.
1.) Dress to suit the occassion.
Accessories can take any outfit from drab to fab. They can also help extend your wardrobe because you can achieve multiple looks from one basic dress just by changing your accessories. To look your best, put as much effort into selecting your fashion accessories as you do the main components of your ensemble.
- Classic accessories — pearl- or diamond-stud earrings, silk scarf, leather clutch and classic black pumps
- Glamorous accessories — chandelier earrings, bib necklace, large cocktail ring, crystal-embellished clutch, oversized sunglasses and sky-high heels
- Playful accessories –– chunky jewelry, hobo bag, headbands, skinny belt and colorful ballet flats
- Edgy accessories –– thick cuff bracelet, choker necklace, studded handbag and black leather booties
- Workday accessories — delicate necklace, classic watch, large satchel or shoulder bag and kitten heels
- Casual accessories — candy-colored bracelet or watch, Wayfarer sunglasses, crossbody bag, floppy hats and knee-high boots or espadrille sandal
2.) Colour Mix
If you want to make a big fashion statement, choose primary and secondary colors that are opposite of each other on the wheel. Pairing these colors is bold and adventurous, and some shades don’t look as good together as others. Avoid partnering red with green, though, unless it’s the holiday season. Experiment to find which colors work best for you. In general, don’t use more than three colors in your whole ensemble. When you’re wearing black, white or other neutrals, accessories in any color look stylish and coordinated. If you’re wearing a colorful outfit, though, make sure your fashion accessories don’t clash.
The scale of your fashion accessories is important, too. When you’re wearing patterns, simple accessories are the best option. Accessories and jewelry that are too busy will make prints look tacky. The same goes for ruffled, sequined, embroidered or otherwise embellished garments: Wear understated accessories to keep the emphasis on your outfit.
The scale and shape of your handbag is also important. Consider your body type in addition to what you are wearing. Tall, thin women look best with short, slouchy bags such as hobos and clutches. Petite women should avoid oversized satchels; these bags overwhelm their small frames. Short ladies should also steer clear of handbags with long straps. Plus-size and hourglass-shaped women look fabulous with medium-sized structured or boxy handbags to balance out their curves.